Oct 25, 2005

Crazy ass bets.

In a display of reckless abandon I've made the craziest wager ever. KM and the Jiggaman have placed a bet between themselves that the next person who smokes will give the other party $500. They came to me with the wager and I decided to jump on; however the stakes are higher. The next person who smokes gives up $500 to the other two. That's $1000 dollars for those of you who lack skills in arithmetic.

It can safely be said now that I can't afford to smoke. This is going to be tough, but we all needed some incentive. Although I'm glad to see those two give up the habit I secretly hope one of them break down because I could use an extra $500.

In preparation for this I've bought a lot of gum and KM will hide his guns. If I end up on the evening news with a headline that states "Man breaks into polka hall armed with sword and mace. 25 hostages held. Demands 57 cartons of Camel Lights," please provide an adequate funeral.

It should be noted that the Jiggaman is counting on me to lose this. I think he sees me as weak and that'll make his transition back to smoking cloves that much quicker. Pride is on the line now, which is more important then money.

"Smoking kills. If you're killed, you've lost a very important part of your life." - Brooke Shields

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow...that's impressive. I wish you the best in your endeavor. One of these days I am going to give it another shot, myself.