Oct 30, 2005

Entertainment I should be ashamed of, but I'm not.

There are many things I used to enjoy as a youngster that I look back on and say why? I admit I've watched the movie "Rad" in excess of 36 times. I once owned a Def Leppard album. I believed it was truly possible that Natalie Wood would marry me; however I didn't know she was dead nor did I consider that she actually aged after "Rebel Without a Cause".

One little nugget of television history still entertains me to this day and that is Beavis and Butthead. The first time I saw the show was like magic. Watching them chant "washing the dog washing the dog" to the tune of Judas Priest's "Breaking the Law" had me rolling. I will never forget Beavis, disguised as the Great Cornhulio, breaking into the girls bathroom screaming "come out with your pants down." Truly high brow entertainment.

Comcast is showing segments of it on On Demand. Great stuff. I'm happy to report that MTV is releasing the show on DVD. Now do I add it to my collection and risk people raising a few eyebrows at my juvenile tastes? Hell yes, cause I too know what it's like to need TP for my bunghole. For all of you truly understand the deeper meaning that is frog baseball or calling a guy named Harry Sack over and over again only to hold the phone to a flushing toilet...enjoy.

"Damnit Beavis, what the hell are you doing? You're not supposed to have your penis out while you're cooking!" - Butt-head

Beavis & Butthead 1: Mike Judge Collection [3 Discs] - DVD

No comments: