Oct 30, 2005

"Warp speed Mr Sulu", "Fabulous captain".

I'm shocked, shocked I tell you, to find out that George Takei, aka Sulu of Star Trek fame, is *gasp*...gay. Yes he came out of the closet recently to the surprise of no one.

This sort of reminds me of the time Rosie O'Donnell came out. I remember thinking "well yeah? Didn't she already come out?"

I remember being kind of taken aback when Rob Halford came out of the closet. I used to be a big Judas Priest fan and even though the guy wore the leather S&M outfits and ridiculous hats I had no idea. Of course I was like 12 and someone's sexuality never even crossed my mind. Strange that it does now though.

Everyone has some sort of gaydar. Mine is just broken.

"San Francisco. I was born there." - Sulu, "Star Trek IV The Voyage Home".

Sulu says he's gay

1 comment:

Wiwille said...

One of my first thoughts when hearing this was "I wonder if Greg suspected?"